Magnificent Norfolk Island - Relax & Discover
Once we can travel again in a Tasman/Pacific bubble, and as long as flights there are possible, we'll be getting this itinerary into action - meanwhile, have a read through about what's on offer!
A personally-curated, high-end, small-group, all-inclusive*, fully-escorted tour on a single-price basis
Norfolk Island is a magnificent island in the Pacific. It’s the perfect destination for anyone wanting a mellow yet stimulating trip not too far from NZ. If you haven’t discovered the glories of Norfolk Island yet, come and discover it with me - when we can get there!! I assure you that you'll love it!
ESCORTED BY PERSONAL TRAVEL COMPANION: Sally Blyth
PRICE: $5,500 Single basis (tbc)
This is a unique and bespoke small-group holiday (minimum 4 people) aimed at seniors. Gently combining "taking it easy" with "getting out and about" this will be a trip to remember forever!
- Price: $5,500 all-inclusive as specified below, based on SINGLE occupancy.
- The trip requires a minimum of 4 guests (maximum 8).
- Couples, and those who bring a friend (i.e. double or twin basis) will receive a reduced rate!
No Single Supplement • Reduced rate for sharing • Ultra-Small Group
Places strictly limited and subject to availability
Contact Sally on 021 480323 to enquire about booking!
Includes the full services of a Personal Travel Companion (PTC) who will organise all details, accompany you on outings, drive and show you around, share island delights with you, prepare and cook meals, and generally assist in any way required.
All you need to do is settle in and let your PTC take care of everything while you focus on having a wonderful time and making new friends.
DAY 1: Friday (L, D) – Arrive and settle in
Fly from Auckland to Norfolk Island (Air Chathams, dep. 11:00am). Transfer to accommodation. Afternoon: relax. Evening: Welcome Dinner at RSL.
DAY 2: Saturday (B, D) - Orientation
Morning: Half-day guided tour of the island, with morning tea. Lunch: at The Homestead. Afternoon: Visit Cyclorama and Queen Victoria Gardens. Evening: Fish Fry dinner.
DAY 3: Sunday (B, L, D) - History
Morning: Visit the Craft Market (optional) and Bounty Folk Museum. Lunch: at Two Chimneys Vineyard. Afternoon: Visit Kingston & Arthur’s Vale Historic area. Evening: Dinner at home.
DAY 4: Monday (B, D) – Out and about
Morning: Island drive including Mt Pitt. Lunch: in township. Afternoon: Relaxing at Emily Bay. Evening: Progressive Dinner.
DAY 5: Tuesday (B, D) – Present and past
Morning: Shopping in town with café lunch. Afternoon: Cemetery visit and Emily Bay. Evening: Early Dinner at home, followed by “1985, The Untold Story” (tour of heritage area by coach).
DAY 6: Wednesday (B, L, D) – Gardens and relaxation
Morning: Island Garden Tour. Lunch: at home. Afternoon: Relaxing or more shopping. Dinner: at home.
DAY 7: Thursday (B, L) – Look and savour
Morning: Colleen McCullough Home tour. Lunch: at home. Afternoon: Taste of Norfolk tour. Evening: Farewell Dinner.
DAY 8: Friday (B/L) – Departure day
Morning: Brunch at home. Pack up. Fly back to Auckland, dep. 13:20pm
- $5,500pp, all-inclusive – SINGLE occupancy basis – minimum of 4 people.
- Reduced price if you bring a friend/partner (twin/double share).
- Places are strictly limited and subject to availability.
- Secure your spot with a deposit of $500 due by Friday 20th March 2020 (subject to availability).
- Flights – Air Chathams from Auckland
- Accommodation – Cumberland Resort and Spa
- Small group tour – minimum 4, maximum 8 - plus your Personal Travel Companion (PTC)
- A mix of exploring and relaxing, with plenty of time to enjoy the resort amenities
- Breakfasts enjoyed “at home”
- Lunches/dinners will be a mix of “at home” and eating out
- Car included – PTC will be driver
- Everything is close by
- Temperature: around 20° in May - nicely temperate
- Time: 1.5 hours behind NZ
- Currency: Australian Dollars
- Flights with Air Chathams from Auckland
- Transfers in Norfolk Island
- Accommodation – based on Single occupancy (reduced rate for double/twin share basis)
- Car hire, insurance, petrol, driver
- Half-Day tour with morning tea
- Entry to Museums
- 1856 – The Untold Story
- Garden Tour
- Colleen McCullough Tour
- Taste of Norfolk Tour
- “At home” meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner as specified with beer, wine, soft drinks
- Lunch at Two Chimneys Vineyard
- Evening Meals out: Welcome Dinner, Fish Fry, Progressive Dinner
- Personal companion/escort/driver/guide/cook/entertainment director!
- Travel insurance
- Domestic travel to/from Auckland
- Personal expenses
- Meals out/drinks not specified as included
This itinerary has been designed with gentleness in mind. Guests do not require high fitness or mobility. If you have minor travel or health issues, that is okay. Wheelchair/scooter can be arranged if required.
Come along for a mellow and fulfilling trip full of history, discovery and fun. The focus is on fabulous days and fun evenings at a restful pace, with plenty of time for relaxing.
Read my article about Norfolk Island here.