WOW Wellington - "Up Close" Wearable Arts Exhibition - Dec 2020 & Jan/Feb 2021
WOW have announced a very special behind-the-scenes Exhibition, showcasing WOW from its early days. The "Up Close" Exhibition runs from 12th December 2020 to 14th February 2021 (initially scheduled for September 2020). NOTE: This is not the WOW show.
The WOW show 2020 had to be cancelled due to Covid but this special Exhibition will bring all things WOW to life in a unique way.
This is your chance to see WOW through the years from its beginnings in 1987 - with me, Sally, a long-time WOW wearable arts enthusiast, designer and multi-finalist. I'll take you right behind the scenes on a 3-night/4-day escapade in the capital.
I've had 8 garments in the show since 2011 and I've put together a very special 3-night trip to Wellington to take in this WOW Exhibition, and so much more.
Find out what it's like to be a WOW designer, what the judges look for, and everything that's involved. From conception to creation to packaging; from acceptance elation or the "sorry" despondency; from Awards Night euphoria to Designer Day excitement. I'll share my journey with you.
If you've ever wanted to ...
- enter the show and/or know about what's involved in being a designer ...
- find out what happens behind the scenes ...
I will give you lots of insight and info! And we'll discover the glories of Wellington too!
I've spent a decade learning and enjoying the whole WOW journey and am keen to share it with you in a fully personal and insightful way.
Come with me to discover wonder!
I'll be running several trips during the period of the Exhibition. Or am happy to take just you! It could be a day trip, or a quick overnighter.
Contact me for more info. Phone Sally 021 480323
Check my WOW page for more info about my WOW creations.
ITINERARY - WOW Wellington
DAY 1: To The Capital (L, D)
We'll fly to Wellington (or join us there), enjoy a nice lunch, visit the Art Gallery. Evening: Welcome Drink and Dinner
DAY 2: Te Papa Galore (L, D)
A behind-the-scenes inside-out experience of Te Papa today, including the limited edition WOW "Up Close" Exhibition and also Gallipoli. Time to relax before Dinner.
DAY 3: Shopping, Scenery & The Beehive (B, L, D)
We'll enjoy brunch on Cuba Street and a bit of shopping. See some of the iconic sights and places in the capital, and end the day with a fabulous dinner.
DAY 4: Aviation & Film (B)
We'll enjoy Brunch, then experience The Weta Cave before departing back to Auckland.
PRICE & DATES
- $1,710 pp – SINGLE occupancy basis, including flights, all activities, and outings as specified (incl. 3 lunches, 3 dinners and 2 brunches).
- Reduced price for couples or if you bring a friend/partner (twin/double share).
- Tour is 3 nights/4 days - during the week, from Auckland.
- Dates and final details will be confirmed directly with the group, to suit every member - ensuring flexibility that works for all. Because it's such a small group, we can do it this way to ensure this trip is truly tailor-made to suit.
- Places are strictly limited and subject to availability.
- Secure your spot with a deposit of $500 - non-refundable and subject to availability.
- NB: If you are from outside Auckland, contact me about joining the tour from elsewhere - it can be done, and price will be adjusted accordingly.
- Accommodation - priced on Single basis. Couples/friends sharing get a reduced rate!
- Ultra-Small group tour – minimum 4, maximum 8 - plus your Personal Travel Companion (PTC).
- A mix of exploring and relaxing. All transport included.
- Brunches/ Lunches/Dinners at local cafes and restaurants, as specified.
- This is a stay-put trip, unpack once.
- Everything is close by.
- Final date of travel to be determined by the group.
- Be prepared for a totally unique behind-the-scenes surprise or two along the way!
- Some activities may be subject to change if necessary.
- Transport to/from Auckland, and to/from all activities and tours.
- Accommodation – based on Single occupancy (reduced rate for double/twin share basis).
- Special Welcome drink and dinner; Farewell drink and dinner.
- Quality meals and drinks as specified (others at own cost).
- All activities, including a very special behind-the-scenes tour of the WOW "Up Close" Exhibition.
- Personal companion/escort/guide/entertainment director - be prepared for lots of laughs and fun!
- Domestic travel to/from Auckland for those living outside of Auckland. (If you are based in Wellington or elsewhere, you are welcome to join the trip!)
- Personal expenses.
- Meals out/drinks not specified as included (breakfasts, 2 lunches).
This itinerary has been designed with gentleness in mind.
Guests do not require high fitness or mobility.
If you have minor travel or health issues, that is okay.
Note: The downhill walk from Botanical Gardens to Parliament is gentle. If assistance is required, we can accommodate this.
Wheelchair/scooter/walker can be arranged if required.
Come along for a mellow and fulfilling trip full of art, creativity and fun. The focus is on fabulous days and fun evenings.